I'm Content

I haven't taken a poll on this but I'm often surprised at the reaction I get when many people hear me say that I'm happy & content. Maybe some who are feeling such great dissatisfaction or insecurity in their lives make assumptions that everyone else must be as miserable as they are.
Since I know that there will never be a "perfect" situation and I can never be a perfect person. I'm not waiting to achieve certain goals in order to be happy. Although I have goals I'm working towards, I can still love me right where I am.

I believe that we face challenges in life to build character and strengths that we may otherwise lack if everything flowed our way just the way we wanted it to. I try always to make the most of my situations whether bad or good, practice compassion, love myself and others unconditionally. I have made a conscious choice to be content.

This isn't a place that you arrive at instantly. Much of it is internal work. Being still with yourself is the first step. Silence the inner voice of any negative thoughts that may lie within. Now replace those with loving and positive thoughts or affirmations. When negative thoughts try to creep back in, push them out with positives. Repeat, repeat, repeat that process daily.

Next, slowly and deliberately clean house of any negative energy around you. Inform friends, family, or coworkers that you no longer want negative energy permeating your space and to respect this. As time goes on, and with work you will see a transformation take place in your life.

Lastly, don't forget to seek support. Set some time with a pastor, life coach, or someone who is already in this positive place in their life. Positive support will help you through any rough patches and keep you moving forward.

I wish you success on your journey to contentment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Reality

Intuition