How are You Doing?


Someone asked me the other day, "How are you doing?" and my response was...I'm living my life like it's golden!  It's the name of a popular song by Jill Scott and is so fitting with where I am right now in my life...so fortunate and blessed to have supporting family and friends in my life.  Thanking my Creator and the universe for all positive things in my present and for all those positive things to come.

"I'm taking my freedom
Pulling it off the shelf
Putting it on my chain
Wearing it 'round my neck
I'm taking my freedom
Putting it in my car
Wherever I choose to go
It will take me far
I'm…
Living my life like it's golden

I'm taking my own freedom
Putting it in my song
Singing loud and strong
Grooving all day long
I'm taking my freedom
Putting it in my stroll
I be high-stepping ya'll
Letting the joy unfold
I'm…
Living my life like it's golden

I'm holding on to my freedom
Can't take it from me
I was born into it and it comes naturally
I'm strumming my own freedom
Playing the God in me
Representing His glory
Hope He's proud of me!
Yeah!
Living my life like it's golden"


Be sure not focus on the negatives but to focus on the positives in order to keep moving forward.  Count your blessings every day!

Video courtesy youtube/hiddenbeachmedia
Photo courtesy Flickr

Comments

  1. Amen to that girl! I'm going to start using that as my answer to "How are you doing?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Reality

Making a Way