Planning for Travel

I am very excited to be planning a trip to Peru with hubby.  Thanks to one of my cousins who works for a major airline, we have been gifted some tickets to go there this Summer.  We'll be traveling to Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu.  

I had a past client who went to these areas and after seeing all of his travel photos, I immediately added it to my bucket list. 
Travel has always been a deeply fulfilling experience for me.  Travel and immersing myself into different cultures feeds my soul. 
The trek from Lima to Cusco and the sacred lost city of Machu Picchu will bring us close to nature and one of the great ancient areas of the world.  Being the history buff that I am, I am doing research on Andean, Incan, and Quechua culture.  In the Andean mythology Incas were considered descendants of the Sun and because of that they worshiped it annually with a huge celebration.  The Inca Empire of the the 13th Century lasted from 1438 - 1533.  Machu Picchu was an estate built honoring their emperor Pachacuti.  Incan society was one of great abundance.  Their values were based on cosmology and spirituality, which interpreted humanity’s place in the universe. Incas believed in reincarnation.  By following their moral code—ama suwa, ama llulla, ama quella (do not steal, do not lie, do not be lazy) one would go "to live in the Sun's warmth while others spent their eternal days in the cold earth".  These beliefs were passed on over generations to the mountain people of the Andes through their inherent appreciation of nature and each other.




Being able to visit this remote area of the world, touch the ruins, breathe the air of the Andes, and speak to the natives will be an experience we will never forget. 

Ref: Wikipedia.org and Crystalinks.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Making a Way

Pass It On