What is the real meaning of Christmas?

What would you like for Christmas this year? I have 2 lists...what I want, and what I don't want.

What I Want for Christmas for Myself & Everyone:
  • Peace
  • Good Health
  • Abundance
  • Joy
What I Don't Want:
  • The hustle and bustle of commercialized gift buying/giving out of obligation
  • Traditional cooking, eating, drinking to excess
  • Having to clean up the mess after it's all said and done
Besides, isn't the true meaning of Christmas to celebrate the birth of Christ? That can be done without expense by attending a church service and praising Him on that special day or simply in the quiet of your bedroom in prayer and reflection.




Having a non-traditional Christmas this year is appealing to me because quite frankly I'm still recovering from Thanksgiving Day. You know... that day where you get together with lots of family, give thanks, eat a lot, and then have a bunch of cleaning up to do? Wasn't that just a couple of weeks ago?

I remember one year Chris and I took off for Las Vegas for Christmas and was surprised at how crowded it was there. I guess we weren't the only ones trying to escape without worries. It's nice to get away from home and not have to do anything except enjoy the holiday. This year I would be happy just lounging in front of the TV with hubby with some takeout. Hey!... I know...we can just use that Outback gift card we received last year! :)


Well, however you decided to celebrate Christ's birth, have a very Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Reality

Intuition