"I've Been to the Mountaintop"



Did Martin Luther King Jr. know that his time of death was near?  All of his speeches were always moving and inspirational.  But his last speech before he was assassinated gives hint that he knew his time was fast approaching.  



"Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."


These somewhat haunting but beautiful words are about perseverance and hope.  Whatever situation you may find yourself in, keep pushing forward despite the conditions and know that you will achieve.  Believe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Reality

Intuition