What Brings You Joy?


I have been following the news out of Haiti closely and have been amazed at the people that they are still finding alive in the rubble many days later after the earthquake. This one photo really stuck with me of a child who was found after being buried and trapped for 7 days. As Kiki was released his face is of pure joy! I can only imagine how his parents felt seeing him and his sister come out alive. Even though all of their children didn't make it out alive the parents were still grateful.





I started wondering about other things in life that bring joy. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary the definition of joy is 'the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune, or by the prospect of possessing what one desires; delight; a state of happiness.'

Joy to me is a natural high. It's the sense of almost floating. There doesn't have to be a really big event to bring on this emotion. Joy can come from something as simple as seeing a smile on a loved one's face, watching the sun rise or set, or breathing in fresh air.

I'm definitely feeling quite a bit of joy lately. It's sort of strange to say with so much negativity going on around the world. I have been careful to guard myself though and trying to only send out positive vibes and energy. Spreading joy where I can. It's an incredible state to be in. Don't get me wrong, I still have moments where other emotions try to creep in. But I quickly turn focus back to the blessings around me that far outnumber any worries.

What brings you joy? Go seek it and then spread it around to others!



Photo courtesy www.NYPost.com
Video courtesy http://www.cnn.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty

Intuition

Reality